I was interested in this case study because, during my PGCE, the University of Manchester attempted to use Blackboard forums as a support mechanism and learning resource whilst students were out on placements. It was championed by one or two tutors, but it never really took off. I was interested in seeing if it has been achieved elsewhere and how.
But this seems to be more about the registration procedures for remote students and the capability to electronically submit assessed work. It talks about "migrating information in an online format". It does however say that there was an attempt to build an intern community in the VLE. I would count that as a big plus, but I would have liked to hear more about that aspect, rather than remote administration issues.
I don't much like the tone of this case study, it annoys me when I can read "lazy students who don't follow our rules" between the lines. I'd rather read about the positive feedback they get from students who are engaged more deeply and perform better through elearning and what specific innovative thinking or process brought that about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment